Tuesday 2 June 2015

One planner: The experiment

So, I figured I could do a blogpost on my current experiment to find Planner Peace. Let me first expand a little on which planners I use and what I use them for. And then I will tell you my current plan



The Websters Pages and my A5



My A5- Succes planner: I bought this planner a little over 6 months ago because I wanted to use a planner for my work. I am a PhD student at a University. This means that in 4 years I need to be able to defend my research infront of a group of important people. It also means that there is no regular day... I work on a big project due in 4 years (ok now 2.5), and I need to stick to a schedule I make myself. Doing my analyses, writing articles, tutoring students, giving classes. It's a very unstructured job. So.. in comes my A5 planner! I'm very happy with this planner. I use it for note taking as well as planning my to do lists every day. Even though I don't have that many appointments I do have endless to do lists for every day. These didn't fit the personal planner I was also using for a while, hence A5.


The situation previously: At work my A5 and Faedori.


2) My Faedori Travelers Notebook: My amazing notebook. When I got this I was soooo excited to use it for everything! So I also added a agenda booklet to use for just appointments (the to do's for work are in the A5). So I started bringing my Faedori to work every day. This worked ... but I have to say I didn't like having it at work as much for two reasons. First, the TN doesn't lie open on my desk. That means I can't just glance over and see my week. I have to open it physically and I often enough didn't do that and forgot (important) things. Second, my TN is so so very personal. My travel log is in there as well as my Asatru journal. I don't want people to look at it like 'whats thaaaat', you know? So even though I use my TN daily at home for art and writing, taking it to work just doesn't work for me.


My gold-infused Websters Pages


3) I also have the Personal Websters Pages planner. I didn't bring that one any more because I replaced the agenda function of the Websters with the Faedori. I did have it at my home computer because budget stuff as well as passwords etc. are in there so I did use it a little but not as much since I started using my TN for planner-things.




4) Personal sized Purple Malden. The latest addition to the family. And hopefully the solution to my planner peace.

The plan:

So, yes this worked but I really really REALLY wanted to get a personal Malden at some point. But I was afraid I wouldnt use it as much (just as I'm not using my Websters as much). But then I found the DIY Fish inserts which seem so practical for a small planner which needs to have a lot of info!
So... the experiment as it is:

1) Leave Feadori safe at home. Use it for my daily notes and my art, just like I had my original TN (before I got the Faedori). 

2) Use the A5 only for work note taking (during meetings). 

3) Use the Malden for ... EVERYTHING else. Meaning really everything. Right now I do all my to do list planning in the Malden because I have the do1p Fish insert I don't have any problems with space (since i can plan per day but still see the week and the month due to the amazing fold out function).  I also have some lists in my Malden (finance, wish lists, cleaning lists, wedding to do lists you name it). So basically right now my Malden has everything I need in it .. (including my in case of emergency asprin, migraine drugs and a tampon in the zip pocket LOL).  If this works ... I might have found the ultimate planning system and in that case I will sell my A5 at some point..

Wish me luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment